This is one of the casual meals we love for warmer days. Its light and easy, and its really healthy.
200g Pasta Penne
1 pc Chicken Breast
6-8 pc Cherry Tomatoes – halved
½ Lebanese Cucumber – sliced
4 Button Mushroom – sliced
1 small Red Onion – thinly sliced
100g Baby Spinach
½ cup Olive oil
1 stalk Coriander leaf – finely chopped
½ cup thinly flaked tasty cheese
Pepper and Salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 1 tbsp of oil and plenty of salt to it. Cook the penne until al dente. Drain. Rinse under cold water and drain completely. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, mix well and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast in 2-3 chunks. Rub with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Pan fry on both sides until brown and slightly crisp. Add sliced mushroom until slightly brown. Turn off fire and let the chicken and mushrooms sit on remaining heat until cool down.
- Cut the chicken breast into smaller slices.
- In a large mixing bowl, add penne, chicken breast, mushroom, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and baby spinach. Drizzling the rest of olive oil and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Season with thyme, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Serve in a salad bowl, garnish with flaked tasty cheese.
P.S. Chicken breasts can always be substitute with Smoked Salmon, Cooked Salmon chunks, Bacon, Meatballs etc