When you have some not-so-fresh toasts at home about to be expired and wondering what to do with them? I always like to turn them into French toasts. Its a great option for breakfast and just something different from the everyday Jam and Toast routine.
2 Pcs Toasts (white/wholemeal/wholegrain)
Fillings: Jam/Peanut Butter/Nutella/Kaya (Malaysian coconut spread) etc
Butter / Condensed Milk / Maple Syrup / Honey to serve
- Beat the egg in a shallow plate
- Spread your preferred fillings on one side of both toasts.
- Put the toasts together, filings in between.
- Dip the toasts into the egg and make sure each side on the toasts are fully absorbed with egg.
- In a small fry pan heat 2 Tbsp oil on medium heat. Fry every side of the toast until brown.
- Serve on a plate, with a tsp of butter or some condensed milk, honey or maple syrup.