My husband has been saying he had a very nice Taiwanese Sausage Fried Rice when he was a kid at his grandad’s place that was cooked by the nanny. He barely had any memory on what’s in that dish so I have very little information to do a make over.. however… I did it! It tastes great!
And the best thing is.. I barely have anything to wash after dinner, I didn’t have to do much making dinner tonight 😀
4x Taiwanese Sausages
3 cups of rice
2 Small Onion
1-2Pc Chinese Cabbage Leaves (optional)
1 Tbsp Butter
2Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Dried Shallot Paste (香葱油)
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp shredded Spring onion
Pepper & Salt
- Cook 3 cups of rice in rice cooker. Usually the best is to use overnight refrigerated rice, but if you don’t have that, cook the rice with slightly less water as indicated. Once cooked, leave heat and loosen rice up with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Roast the sausages on a rack or on greased baking tray for 20mins. Bring out from oven and let cool. Cut them into small cubes or slices.
- Chop onion and cabbages into 1cm sizes.
- In a frying pan drizzle a bit of cooking oil and put butter, cook the onions and cabbage leaves until slightly brown. Take them out and set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl. Using the same oil in the pan, cook the eggs. Break them apart into small pieces and stir with a spatula. Once done take them out and leave for later use.
- Add extra drizzle of oil, and add sausages and cook for few minutes to let the fat out. Return the onion, cabbages and eggs into the pan, stir fry and add garlic.
- Add the rice to the pot gradually. Keep breaking the rice apart and stirring to keep the rice loose. Beat 1 egg and pour evenly on top of the rice, and keep folding and stir frying the rice until the ingredients and the fat are even.
- Add dried shallot paste, pepper and salt to season. (I added some chicken powder Drizzle some sesame oil and keep folding until some rice get browned. Add spring onions.