Less than 30 mintues prep and cooking!! SO GOOD I regretted I didn’t cook more because my husband gave me a dead stare of “Where is my second?” look…
100g Bacon – Chopped
2 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Strips
6x Cherry Tomato – halved
1 Small Onion – diced
300g Dried Penne
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2-3 cups Milk
1 cup Shredded Chadder Cheese
2 cups Beef Stock
Some parmesan and coriander flakes
- In a frying pan heat a drizzle of oil and 1 Tbsp of butter and shallow fry the bacon u ntil half crisp.
- Add in the chopped onion and cook until slightly brown.
- Add sun-dried tomato strips and tomato paste. Toss a bit and add in milk and beef stock. Stir well and bring to boil then add in the penne.
- Cook according to package instructions until and mind that it will take slightly longer than recommended cooking time since its cooking in milk mixture instead of boiling water. Stir occassionally to avoid pasta dumping together. Add some water when necessary.
- When pasta is al dente add baby spinach and cherry tomatoes, stir until the spinach cooks down and incorporates. Add chedder cheese into pot and stir until well-incorporated and the sauce reaches smooth texture.
- Serve on plate and top up with grated parmesan and some coriander flakes.