After making my own pizza dough and topping with soy chicken I swear I won’t be looking into ordering any BBQ Chicken Pizza from store in a while. This is a very easy dough and doesn’t require much rising time – if you are making thin crust. If you want thicker pan crust just simply let rise for a bit further more, maximum an hour will do.
This recipe will make 2x 10-12″ pizza. I only got on pizza pan so I made one thin crust for the pepperoni and the other I let rise for further more to make a medium crust. Guess what? I only did everything on a chopping board so don’t worry about spacing out a bench for a big mess!
For the pizza dough:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting during kneading)
½ tsp Sugar
2 tsp Active Dried Yeast (or a 7g packet)
¾ cup Lukewarm water
1½ tsp Salt
½ Red onion – diced
4-5 pcs Cup mushrooms – sliced
2 pcs Chicken Thigh – sliced and marinated with 1 Tsp soy sauce, ½ tsp sugar and 1 tsp minced garlic
2 – 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup Mozarella Cheese
Pepper amd Salt
To make pizza dough:
- Adjust oven rack to the highest position and preheat oven at 250℃.
- In the ¾ cup of lukewarm water add in the dried yeast and sugar, stir well until dissolve and let sit for 5 mins. If you see layer or bubbles on top that means the sugar and yeast have been dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the flour and salt. Mix well with a spatula and pour in the yeast mix. Stir with the spatula until smooth and get the dough together. Once the dough has come together turn the dougn onto a large chopping board with dusted flour. Knead the dough for around 3-5 mins in a press and fold gesture.
- Mould the dougn into a round shape, let rest for 5 mins.
- Cut the dough into equal portion of halves, and put the other half into a large mixing bowl with flour dusted in it. Cover that mixing bowl with cling wrap or a tea towel. It will rise slowly while you are working on the thin crust one so later this one will turn into a thicker crust
P.S. If you want to keep the other half for later use, the dough can be refridgerated up to 2 days or frozened up for 3 months in plastic wraps.
- On a pizza pan dust some flour around. Press the dough down and flatened out as much as you can, then use a rolling pin to roll out into a thin circle. (12 inch in size). Carefully place the rolled out dough onto the pizza pan.
- In a small bowl mix the tomato paste with balsamic vinegar. Use a spoon to spread out the paste onto the dough. Then bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can started to work on the toppings. Remove the crust from oven after 5 mins of pre-baking.
For the Toppings:
- In a small fry pan, on medium heat sear and brown the chicken thigh pieces in a drizzle of olive oil. Sear until medium, doesn’t have to be well done.
- On the prebaked crust, sprinkle the red onions and mushrooms evenly. Then spread the half-cooked chicken thighs on, then sprinkle the mozarella cheese on top. Pop the pizza into the oven to bake for 10 mins or until cheeze is bubbly, or when crust is golden brown.
ENJOY! Now play with the other half of the dough!