250g Raw Whole Banana Prawns
2 Cups Frozen Marinana Mix – thawed
250g Spaghetti No. 4
300g Canned Diced Tomatoes
4-5 pcs Sliced Button Mushrooms
100g Baby Spinach
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
1 Tbsp Sundried Tomato Strips
1 Small Brown Onion – diced
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Small Red chilli – diced
- Wash and peel the prawns. Remove the heads by pulling and twisting. Keep the heads aside for later use in making the sauce. Discard the shells and legs. Slit down the back of the prawn to remove the vein.
- Dice the brown onion. Slice up the mushrooms. Dice up the red chilli, flip the dices with the knife on the chopping board can remove unwanted seeds if you do not want to be too spicy.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt and oil and cook the spaghetti until al dente. Keep a cup of the pasta water and drain out the rest.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up a tsp of butter and a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan. Toss in the prawn heads and let cook until slightly brown, then add the peeled prawns to the pan and cook until brown. Remove the prawnsfor later use, then add 1 cup of the pasta water into the pan to make the stock with the heads. Cook the stock for a few minutes then pour into a bowl to set aside. Discard the heads.
- Drizzle some olive oil to the same frying pan and brown the onions and garlic. Add in mushrooms and thawed marinana mix. Toss for 1-2 mins then add in the sundried tomato, spinach, tomato paste and the diced tomato (with juice). Stir well and add in the cooked spaghetti. Toss and mix well for them to combine. Add some pasta water to it if its too dry.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and return the cooked prawns to the pan. Mix well and cook for another few mins until the sauce is combined and coat the spaghetti evenly.
- Serve and garnish with some chopped parsley, coriander and grated parmesan cheese!