I have a busy evening. Thats when I will use the oven to help me out with dinner. In the late afternoon I cut up the leftover halved pumpkin and some potatoes and just chuck them into the oven. Then 20 mins before dinner time I will just pan fry the rest of everything then my Thursday dinner’s served.
2 pieces Chicken Breasts
100g Green Beans
6 pcs Button Mushrooms
¼ Butternut Pumpkin
2 Washed Potatoes (unpeeled)
1 cup Chicken stock
1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1-2 hours before dinner time:Preheat oven to 200℃. Peel the pumpkin. Cut up the pumpkin and the potato into 1 inch chunks.
- Line a baking tray with foil paper. Slightly grease the foil and scatter in one layer of the potatoes and pumpkins onto the tray. Drizzle some olive oil across on top, sprinkle some pepper and salt onto the pieces. Place the tray in the oven and bake for roughly an hour or more until the they crust golden brown.
- Go do something else.
- Roughly 30 mins before dinner rub the chicken breast with olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Pan fry the chicken breasts on medium heat until they are cooked thoroughly, or until crust is golden brown.
- While waiting for the chicken breasts to cook, wash and tip of both heads of the green beans. Wash the mushrooms and get ready to cook.
- While the chicken breasts are half way cooked, place the green beans on the side of the pan. Let them pan fry for a few mins then add in crushed garlic. Blend well with the beans, than add the chicken stock to the pan.
- After the chicken stock has been reduced and absorbed, add in the mushroom and let brown on the sides. Once the chicken breasts are fully cooked, turn the heat off.
- Bring out the pumpkins and potatoes from the oven. Portion them onto the plates and put the chicken breast, beans and mushrooms. Ready to eat!