Same story. My husband has been complaining he can’t find a good bakery out there makes good Pork Floss Bun. So I made him one for his on-the-go meal at work. Glad that he likes it!
I couldn’t be bothered to bake my own bread because you know.. do I need to explain more. I usually prepare his lunch by at midnight and time is very limited when I have a teething baby that will cry out loud randomly any time in the middle of the night. So I just use any white bread roll I got from supermarket.
White bread roll (or wholemeal, mutligrain.. up to you)
Pork Floss (or Salmon floss, beef floss – up to your likings)
- Preheat oven or grill to medium high heat.
- Cut the bread roll half way down to make a cross. Or if you are using hot dog buns just do a cut along the bread roll.
- Pop into the oven to bake for 2-3 mins. Take it out to cool down a bit for next step.
- Spread a good amount of mayonnaise between the cuts. as well as the top of the bread.
- Use a small spoon, scoop the pork floss bit by bit and stuff into the cut, and then put some on top of the bun where you have the mayonnaise on. Slight press with your finger to firm the floss in place.
- Put the bun back into oven to bake for another minute or two. When the floss browns up a little bit, its done.
So here goes another item instead of boring sandwiches for work! 🙂