Get a 800-1kg lamb rack with bones trimmed from butcher. For best flavouring it is better to be marinated in a zip lock bag overnight in the refrigrator. This amount serves approximately 2 person with some sides. To prep:
800-1kg Lamb Rack
2 cloves garlic – minced/or 2 Tbsp Garlic powder
2 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Thyme
2 Tbsp Dried or Fresh chopped Rosemary
1.5 Tbsp Cumin powder
Salt and Pepper
Marinating the lamb:
- When the lamb rack is washed and dried with kitchen paper. Score the fat layer in counter diagonal lines, to create diamond effect. Becareful do not cut into the meat. Also scrap off any excess tissue on the bones to avoid darkening while roasting.
- Rub it all over with olive oil. Place it into a zip lock bag, add in all the spices and seal the zip-lock bag.
- Shake gently until all the spices goes all even onto the lamb.
- Unseal the bag and release excess air. Re-seal the bag and press gently to even out the marinating sauce and leave it in the refrigerater for more than 3 hours (or overnight)
To cook the lamb:
- Take the lamb out from the zip lock bag, and place on a greased, foil lined oven tray.
- Roast the lamb at 200 (fan force) or 220 ℃ for 18-20 minutes for pink meat. Cook for longer if you prefer well done.
- Rest for 5 mins before carving.