I uploaded this recipe on 13 Jan 2017 once and now I am renewing the post to provide extra detailed version of the recipe, with more photos and added a translation to it for people who has been requesting. So here you go!
This is one of my signature recipe of all times. I am so proud of myself that I came up with this recipe out of my head! You can skip the spicy bit if you have kids to eat with you and just add into your own serve. Still good! Trust me you will fall in love with this recipe.
I have also added in a Chinese version down below, please scroll down for the Chinese version if needed!
|Pork Ribs with Bones – chopped in 1 inch pieces||300g|
|Fresh or Dried Noodles||500g|
|Dark Soy Sauce||100ml|
|Xiao Xing Cooking Wine||100ml|
|Crystal Rock Sugar||1/3 cup|
|Onion – chopped||1|
|Spring Onion – 3/4 chopped in 2 inches, 1/4 shredded||1 bunch|
|Star Anise||2 pcs|
|Chilli Soy Bean Paste||2Tbsp|
|Dried Shallot||2 Tbsp|
You can also Add:
|Carrot – sliced||1|
|Vegetables (Lettuce/Bak Choy/White Cabbage)||Few stalks|
Garnishing (Personal preference):
|Roasted White Sesame Seeds||Pinch|
|Shredded Spring Onion||1 Tbsp|
|Chilli Oil||Few drops|
|Minced Garlic||1 tsp|
|Dried Shallot in Oil||1/2 tsp|
- Bring a pot of water with a piece of ginger to boil. Blanch the Ribs for 3-5 mins to get rid of the unpleasant materials out. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil and Sesame Oil in a bigger pot. On high heat, add garlic, spring onion strips, onion, star anise and stir fry a bit until scented. Add Ribs in and stir fry until slightly browned.
- Add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, chilli bean paste and cooking wine to pot and mix well. Add in crystal rock sugar, dried shallot and top up with water until 1-2cm above the ingredients. Cook on high heat with lid on for 30 mins.
- Turn down to medium heat, add carrots and put lid on and cook for 20 mins.
- Add in vegetables of your choice. Cook for another 10 mins. You can turn heat off and let lid on to keep the temperature. Reheat before serving.
- In another pot bring water to boil. Add in 1 tsp of salt and a drizzle of cooking oil. Add noodles in to cook until boil. Pour in 1 cup of cold water and boil again for the second time. This can make sure the noodles are tender. Cook until noodles al dante. Drain and Place in serving bowl.
- Place ribs, vegetables and carrots on top of cooked noodles in serving bowl. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds, minced garlic, sesame oil, shredded shallot, oiled dried shallot or chilli oil to bring the dish to extra level of flavour. Ready to serve and Enjoy!
|排肋骨 (帶骨) – 切件||300g|
|蒜瓣 – 拍扁||3瓣|
|洋葱 – 切粗條||1個|
|葱 – 3/4 切段, 1/4切葱花||1棵|
|甘筍/小紅蘿蔔 – 切件||1個|
- 煮一鍋水加薑片至水滾, 加入已洗淨的排骨燙煮3-5分鐘把肉骨裡的雜質煮掉。 冷水沖淨, 掠乾。
- 大鍋裡熱1大匙油跟香麻油, 加蒜, 葱段, 薑, 洋葱, 八角爆香。加入排骨大火翻炒幾分鐘至稍為轉色。
- 加入醬油, 老油, 豆瓣醬, 紹興酒 拌勻。加入冰糖, 紅葱頭乾, 加滿水蓋過排骨, 加蓋大火燜30分鐘。
- 轉中火, 加入紅蘿蔔燜煮20分鐘。
- 加入青菜煮10分鐘。可關火加蓋燜著保溫, 食用前再開火加熱。
- 另外準備一鍋水煮滾, 放一匙鹽和一匙油, 加入麵條煮至水滾, 中間偶爾攪拌以防麵條黏在一起。第一次滾加小杯冷水, 再滾第二次至麵條熟透。
- 準備麵碗, 盛起麵條掠乾水放入碗裡, 加入排骨湯入配料, 可加葱花, 蒜蓉, 香油, 白芝麻, 辣椒油, 油葱酥等調味提升整體口味層次。